TALISMAN ENERGY INC.
Calgary, AB, CANADA
Talisman Energy Inc. is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Talisman's three main operating areas are North America, the North Sea and Southeast Asia. The Company also has a portfolio of international exploration opportunities. Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges under the symbol TLM. Please visit our website at www.talisman-energy.com.
As a member of the Situche Development Team, you will work with other professionals located in Calgary and Peru. The successful candidate will be a Senior Geologist with exploration and development experience. The candidate will have extensive experience working as a development geologist with proven geocellular modeling skills.
1. Development Geologist
Competition Number: 2010-0224
This role will be responsible for providing full time geological expertise for the Situche Complex Development. Ensuring the quality and timely delivery of the following:
- Geological evaluation and modeling of Situche Central discovery.
- Responsible for defining and coordinating all development geological modelling studies.
- Synthesize geological information from developing regional database and apply improving regional understanding to geological model.
- Refine geological field and reservoir model as input to field development planning.
- Integrate field studies with other key disciplines in the situche Central team (Geophysics, Petrophysics, Reservoir Engineering etc.).
- Create detailed well plans for execution by Drilling and play a central role in the detailed planning and geological operations of appraisal and development wells.
- Prepare detailed well evaluation program in conjunction with other disciplines, to define full data acquisition programmes in appraisal and development wells.
- Provide geological input to optimize appraisal and development well planning activities and operational support during drilling activities.
- Contribute to field reservoir management and surveillance plans.
- Work closely with Exploration to optimise the potential of Talisman's acreage in the Maranon Basin.
- 10+ years working as a development geologist in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum B.Sc. in Geology and membership of a professional association
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will enable you to effectively interact with management and cross-functional team members to advance projects and ideas.
- A self starter, capable of working independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by August 20, 2010 quoting the competition number 2009-0224 in the subject line.
- geology jobs calgary, petrophysicist jobs in calgary, operation geologist jobs calgary ab, geologist job cagary, geologist visiting professor jobs in canada, yukon geological survey jobs, geology graduate job postings calgary, Geology jobs in the Yukon, junior geology jobs in alberta, job geologist canada, geophyscial geological jobs in calgary, geology vacancies in canada, geology jobs canada, geology positions calgary, geology librarian job, geology vacancies 2012, librarian geology job 2013, mine geologist vacancy 2013, Vacancy in Talisman Canada, Talisman Energy Calgary AB, Situche peru geology, situche central geology, project geologist vacancies in all locations, mineralogist job qemscan australia canada, Operations Geologist Calgary AB, oil company vacancy in canada 2012, natalia solovyeva toronto, mla jr mineralogist job, mineralogist vacancy 2013, yukon survey geology companies