NORTHUMBERLAND HILLS HOSPITAL
Cobourg, ON, CANADA
Clinical Nurse Specialist Gerontology
Reporting to the Geriatric Specialist, the CNS Gerontology supports the vision, strategic direction, leadership, operational management and clinical practices that positions Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH) as a Center of Excellence in the provision of acute care that is sensitive to and meets the unique care needs of the senior patient population.
In a unique role, the CNS Gerontology draws on his/her clinical leadership and geriatric expertise to provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to supports knowledge transfer and integration of geriatric best practices throughout all clinical programs and services.
· Master's prepared Geriatric Clinical Nurse Specialist/Advanced Practice Nurse preferred;
· Bachelors of Science in Nursing required at minimum with willingness to work towards Master in Nursing,
· CNA certification in Gerontology Nursing required;
· Masters in Health Administration or Business Administration an asset;
· Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
· Experienced health care professional with 3-5 years recent leadership and clinical responsibilities required, with inpatient geriatric expertise preferred;
· Minimum of five years demonstrated leadership ability to involve and motivate a team of diverse professionals in achieving desired results
· Enjoy working with elderly; Interviewing and organizational skills; excellent communication (written and verbal); demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team;
· Exceptional problem solving skills; demonstrated excellence in team building, facilitation and coaching/mentoring skills
· Experience in developing and implementing strategies to prevent cognitive and functional decline preferred; Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change effectively creating a positive environment,
· Strong computer skills preferred (i.e. clinical software, Meditech, Microsoft Office Suite, internet, and email),
· Demonstrated commitment to life long learning through but not limited to ongoing formal/informal education, membership on professional associations, and participation in projects/committees,
· Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
Interested applicants should apply for this position no later than December 14, 2010. Please mail your resume to:
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1000 DePalma Drive
Cobourg, ON K9A 5W6
- NURSING JOBS IN COBOURG, rpn jobs in cobourg, cobourg nursing jobs, rpn jobs cobourg, rpn jobs Northumberland, nursing jobs cobourg, rpn jobs cobourg on, RPN jobs in Northumberland, nurses hiring to newbrunswick canada, nursing jobs northumberland hospital, nursing jobs in north humberland hospital, wow jobs registered nurse cobourg on, nursing jobs in cobourg ontario canada, nursing jobs in cobourg ontario, nursing jobs at northumberland hosp in cobourg ontario canada, nursing jobs at Northumberland Hills Hospital, nusing employment northumberland hills hospital, olivia cobourg RPN\, rachel rn northumberland cobourg hospital, the rpn jobs cobourg, rpn positions in northumberland, rpn nursing jobs in cobourg on, RPN jobs northumberland region, Rpn jobs in Northumberland Hills Hospital, RN jobs Cobourg, rpn jobs in cobourg ontario, rpn jobs in cobourg on, rn positions in northumberland hills family health team, nursing job northumberland hospital, nursin jobs in northumberland county ontario