Northern Credit Union is a full service provider of financial services and is the largest member-owned financial institution in Northern Ontario. With 24 branches across the province, from the Ottawa Valley to Thunder Bay, we are committed to delivering excellence in member service and continuing our strong pattern of growth. We are seeking a career-oriented professional for the following position located in Sault Ste. Marie:
As a qualified candidate, you will be a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit & Risk Management, you will assist in ensuring the protection of Northern Credit Union's assets, compliance with corporate policies, procedures and regulatory requirements through an evaluation of internal controls and execution of operational, credit and corporate audits.
Preferred candidates will possess the following qualifications:
· University degree with a specialization in accounting, finance or business
· Possess or are working towards a professional auditing/accounting designation
· A minimum of 5 years of practical audit experience
· Successful candidate must be detail oriented, have a high level of computer literacy, strong communication skills and be a champion for change
· Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and deliver on key initiatives; exceptional organizational and time management skills are essential to be successful in the position.
· Working knowledge of data extraction and analysis software, including ACL, IDEA would be considered an asset
The successful applicant will be based in Sault Ste. Marie with some travel required throughout our branch network. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
If you would like to be part of our team, apply in confidence with your resume and cover letter detailing why you should be selected as our new Audit Manager. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Department
Northern Credit Union Limited
280 McNabb Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 3G2
Fax: (705) 949-1056
Deadline for Applications: April 16, 2012