Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners (TSX: BEP.UN) operates one of the largest publicly-traded, pure-play renewable power platforms globally. Its portfolio is primarily hydroelectric and totals approximately 5,000 megawatts of installed capacity. Diversified across 67 river systems and 10 power markets in Canada, the United States and Brazil, the portfolio generates enough electricity from renewable resources to power two million homes on average each year. With a fully-contracted portfolio of high-quality assets and strong growth prospects, the business is positioned to generate stable, long-term cash flows supporting regular and growing cash distributions to unitholders.
Work Location - Powell River, BC
Reference No.: 11-CAN-01
This position presents an opportunity to participate in a growth oriented organization and to gain exposure and understanding of the energy industry. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful incumbent will be an essential part of Powell River Operations' maintenance/engineering support and capital management team.
The Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
· The Engineer's expertise in electricity and instrumentation will enable him or her to manage electricity production and transmission equipment upgrade projects;
· The candidate will also be required to manage medium- and high-power electrical equipment installation or replacement projects and do long-term asset maintenance planning ;
· Troubleshoot operational problems and identify opportunities for improvement in performance; must have experience with troubleshooting and testing large AC machines and high-voltage protection systems;
· Develop operating reports, identify chronic issues and develop action plans to resolve root cause of issues;
· Work collaboratively with all team members to meet corporate targets and goals in: safety, environment, equipment reliability and energy production performance.
Candidate Profile - Requirements
· A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and hold a Professional Engineer designation;
· Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, preferably in electrical power engineering;
· Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Microsoft Project;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Must have proven leadership skills and abilities;
· Strong analysis, problem-solving, planning and organizational skills;
· Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills;
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team;
· Must be able to work flexible hours, as required;
· Will be required to travel occasionally on company business in North America;
· Hold and maintain a valid BC driver's license;
· Hold and maintain or be prepared to obtain a "Field Safety Representative" Certification
· Must be physically capable of performing normally required duties in both the office and field without creating increased risk to oneself or others.
Brookfield Renewable Power offers a competitive total compensation package as well as benefit and retirement plans. We are looking for dynamic individuals with the required experience and qualifications. All interested candidates should apply in confidence to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 819-561-0573
Please clearly indicate the reference number on your application.